Sunday, June 20, 2010

It Begins!

Well, things have gone faster than expected. Even though I gave my boss two weeks notice, he decided that since business was slow that it would be better for me to go sooner than later. According to others, he does this a lot to those who give him notice that they are leaving. Fortunately, I was more that ready to go, so instead of being aggravated, I was more than happy to oblige. And so, after leaving work at 2:00 PM Friday, I am officially a full time handyman.

If the past 48 hours are any indication, then I do not expect it will take an incredibly long time before I am working fairly steady.

Today I mowed two lawns, and received one call to look at a garage door that wasn't locking correctly. I will go look at the lock tomorrow evening.

If all goes well, tomorrow I will letter my truck with my business information. My wife printed the letters with her computer, cut them out, then placed them on contact paper and traced around them. Next, she cut out the letters on the contact paper. Tomorrow we will apply the letters to the back glass of my truck. Apparently, others have done this with good and lasting results, hopefully ours will turn out the same.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you will do well. I have seen how you can fix most anything around the house. What ever needs fixed you see to figure it out. Good wishes to you new job. Karen sounds like she is going to enjoy her's. It always is good to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete