Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Full Time!

If everything goes as planned, by July 1st, I should be making my attempt to go full time as a handyman in the Stillwater, Oklahoma area.

On February 8th, I started working at a local retail store. And even though I, for the most part, enjoyed my job, I have been itching to launch out as a full time handy man. And so, after testing the waters a little and coming to the conclusion that there is a great market for this business, I will soon give my resignation so that I can make a full time attempt toward this.

To help during this time of transition, my wife has taken on a evening job in order to supplement our income until the business can fully support us (Thank You Karen!).

For the past month, I have been doing this part time; however, I have found that this is very difficult to do part time. Trying to work on projects after work and on weekends has proved to be difficult. If every job was simply a one hour job, then there wouldn't be a problem. But when the job takes several hours, you eat up much time and fuel traveling back and forth in order to work a few hours here and a few hours there. Not to mention the fact that you eventually wear yourself out doing this during the evenings. So with all of this in mind, I am going to go ahead and attempt to make the jump to full time.

I will try to keep you posted on how this is going.

1 comment:

  1. Because we haven't had much experience hiring someone for construction and handyman jobs I didn't know that is really hard to find a person who is honest and cleans up after his work is done. It's been hard to find someone who comes on the day he says. Other people I've talked to have the same problems with repairmen. Word of mouth is the best advertising you can do.

    ReplyDelete