Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Perk of Self Employment!

There are some things you can do when you work for yourself that you just can't do when employed by others. For example, last night I wanted to continue working on a project, but my wife was scheduled to work. Since the job was too far away to leave the kids home by themselves, I figured that I was done for the night. But then I came up with idea of taking the kids with me and putting them to work (it was a brush removal job, so it was something they were capable of helping with). I offered them $5 and hour each as long as the worked very hard, and boy did they work! I was in charge of cutting the brush, and they were in charge of hauling it to the pile. However, they worked so fast that I could hardly keep up. When the job was over, they had each made $8.75. They were pretty excited about this, and they are now both ready to work with me whenever the job allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment