Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gate Pictures

A while back, I got a call from a customer who ask me to rebuild some damaged gates. After looking at the gates he wanted rebuilt, I was at first a little bit intimidated. However, I decided to give it a shot anyway. Once all was said and done, they turned out pretty well.

I meant to take pictures, but forgot. Fortunately, he recently called me back for an additional project, so I was able to get the pictures after all.

Front View


Back View


I estimated the gates at $300 labor plus materials (materials were a little over $100). The customer thought that was fair. The gates took about nine hours to build (someone with a nice work shop could build them a lot faster, but working with limited space really slows you down). I thought I estimated pretty well, however, when I went to hang them, they decided to be difficult. Because of this, I spent an addition couple hours hanging the gates that I didn't anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment